The article that I referenced was about the greatest innovations of the past 30 years. The criteria were:
- Did it improve quality of life, having a direct and/or material effect on quality of life?
- Did it address a compelling need? solve a compelling problem?
- Was it a fresh breakthrough with a "wow" factor?
- Did it change the way business is conducted?
- Did it increase the efficiency of how resources are used?
- Did it spark an ongoing stream of new innovations on top of the original innovation?
- Did it lead to the creation of a vast, new industry?
Any thoughts? Are these criteria reasonable? Any arguments on the selections?