Monday, March 16, 2009

Orthopedic Recertification

I'm conducting a debate in Orthopedic Grand Rounds this week. Our resolution is:

Be it resolved that:

‘Orthopedic surgeons should be required to re-certify as often as pilots’

I hoped to have an idea of public opinion on this topic. I'm going to compare it to the opinions of my researched and informed colleagues and mentors. Please fill out the one question survey below if you have an opinion on this topic. For reference, pilots have a medical exam every 6 months and a test of ability/competence in the form of an exam and a simulation every 9 months.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=gUBxAApntIwr5HVPFzlxFw_3d_3d

I'll post results after the debate is done (and if I get enough answers to this survey to make it interesting! So, please distribute it widely...

No comments: